London

I've spent the last few days in London on a little trip with my husband and managed to fit in lots of badge activities whilst not really trying to.

On our way down, we stopped off to see my in-laws and it's nearly my father-in-law's birthday, so I made him a birthday cake to drop off whilst we were there. That's one more clause ticked off for the birthday badge that I'm doing from last year as I joined Rebels too late to get the Life Less Ordinary badge.

We went to the Royal Observatory which helps with the stargazer badge. We also visited the planetarium. I'll be doing reviews for critic as well. The Natural History Museum was perfect for the palaeontology badge as well as giving me dinosaurs in eggs for the super scavenger badge. I had already put a model of a dinosaur in an egg at home but took an extra picture anyway.

I was very excited to visit the Spitalfields City Farm as well, which works towards Animal Lover. It was a really well set up and managed farm and such a lovely way for children in a built-up area to see animals in a fairly natural environment. It was next to a nursery and across the road from a school so it was so nice to imagine that the children get to visit there frequently. They also grew loads of beautiful looking vegetable plants and sold them in their shop too. 

I managed to find a few gorgeous bookshops and added to My Collection with a couple of nice signed editions. A good wander round the city found the blue plaque commemorating The Beatles final rooftop concert in 1969, so added that to my scavenger hunt as well. I submitted another (and probably final, as I can only stomach so much!) attempt for Super Scavenger when we got home, based on a few new photos, so fingers crossed.

I also booked us tickets for Moulin Rouge as it was our anniversary whilst we were there and last year, we spent our anniversary at Moulin Rouge in Paris. It was absolutely amazing and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I'll be reviewing this as well. We also had tickets for a night-time ghost and gallows tour which involved a boar trip down the Thames and was absolutely brilliant. This very helpfully ticked off two of my adventures for the Go Wild badge.

On our way home, we went to Bletchley Park, a place I have been wanting to visit for many years. I will be reviewing this for critic as well as sing it for codebreaker. Can't recommend it enough. 

When we arrived home, I went for a nose around the garden and found that even though we had only been away for less than a week, my cucumber plants have had a massive growth spurt, I now have tomatoes growing and my one remaining courgette plant seems to finally be putting out a bit of fruit. I can see some dahlias and the borage in my wildflower collection for the bees is about to flower. The plums are very nearly ready to pick and I had a lovely strawberry snack whilst wandering around. Clauses ticked all over the place as well as some lovely meals heading our way soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fossil preparation

Final craft 1 project

September Part-way Progress