September

I'm on with my September bonus, with points awarded for the 40th picture already. I'm not sure about the cake one. Might swerve that as I don't eat cake and don't have a lot of baking supplies. However, do I use it for the baker's badge? I made my father-in-law a birthday cake a couple of weeks ago and there will be a Macmillan coffee morning taking place at work soon so I could get a few things ticked off there. Decisions, decisions...

I have an old duvet cover that I'd quite like to sew into a few useful items to use around the house. I'm also going to look into reducing waste as much as possible, although we do already make quite an effort to do this. I need to be more focused when shopping as I feel like I bring home more packaging than is ideal. I do reuse or recycle it, but I could certainly reduce it. I need to be more organised with my shopping and cooking, especially now that I am back at work. I am far too inclined to eat toast or cereal because I'm too tired. Need some good quick but healthy recipes. I have started to build up a good repertoire but it still needs work. 

I've been doing quite well with my researching and I have three junk journals ready to be filled. I'm going to use one for geocaching and it can be my presentation of my finds and also a good place to display all the research I have done. One is going to be my book of endangered animals for the animal lover badge. That will be my final clause to complete the badge. The last journal is going to be my scrapbook of my favourite fictional detectives, Taylor and Rose from the Sinclair's Mysteries and Taylor and Rose books. I absolutely love these books and intend to highly recommend them to my class this year. I'm re-reading them all at the moment as it's been a while since I've read them and I don't want to research them online to make a scrapbook - I'd far rather make it as I go along.

I'm really enjoying geocacher and have done lots of research for it. Just need to get out and about and find a few more caches. I've not done that many yet and only really need those to finish the badge. The weather is pretty nice today so might be out for a walk later. Could do with getting as many found as possible before the weather becomes too wintry. 

I need to make more effort with the history badges. I'm doing both badges with two different buddy groups and I've not really done anything for either so far. Need to get a push on with that. 

I also need to finish Craft 1. My scarf pretty much just needs casting off and has been sitting on a chair waiting for me to do it for weeks now. I also either need to finish the felting, which I'm not enjoying, or find something else, then that one can be ticked off. I have quite a few nice models to make as well which will be ace for the builder badge. I've started that one as I made a Lego rabbit for the scavenger hunt so need to get that finished. Will be a great one to work on through the darker evenings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fossil preparation

Final craft 1 project

September Part-way Progress