September Part-way Progress

 September has been a bit of a slow month so far as the back-to-school carnage is still taking precedent. I feel like I'm getting to grips with things a bit more now though and finding a bit more time to spend on badges. I've been so tired in the evenings that I've not had the energy to do much. I'm getting into more of a routine of stupidly early mornings now though.

I took part in the Bader team chat on Facebook last night and thoroughly enjoyed being able to talk about badges for a bit with other people who are working on badges. People at work find the whole thing very entertaining and are always asking what badges I'm working on and what crazy things I've been up to in the quest for points, but they don't really get it.

I'm still battling my way through Madly Deeply for Rebel Readers book club this month but I'm really finding it hard to get into. It was clearly written with the intention of never being read, therefore isn't very engaging. I feel like I'm flicking through it at the moment as I was reading it quite carefully and couldn't remember anything or explain it to anyone if I'd had to, so clearly wasn't taking it on board. I'm going to stick with it until we get to the filming of Potter and see if my interest picks up a bit more when I have a bit of background knowledge about some of the people he might be talking about. If not, then it'll be my first DNF of the year, I think. Probably of the last few years. I'm not one for not finishing books really, although Les Mis is not going to get finished by the end of the year. Not a chance!! I started that as a challenge where you read a chapter a night. I started well but didn't last much past February...

I've done a bit more of the Nature Lover Badge this week with a nice evening or two spent in the garden in the dark hoping to observe some nocturnal action. I didn't see much at all but definitely heard a lot of scuttling. I'm hoping it was birds in the ivy and the trees but suspect it may have been more rodent-like, therefore I'm not devastated to have missed it!!

Animal Lover is nearly completed. I'm on my final clause and just taking too long over it! The plan is to put in a good amount of time this weekend and try to finish it off. 

I still haven't organised myself enough to finish the Craft 1 badge, which is ridiculous. I think creative will be my first section patch and really need to motivate myself to just tie up the loose ends and actually finish some things!!

I still need to make my scrapheap challenge item. I'd love to do that this weekend actually, as the more eco-friendly choice I made has already been done and I need my scrapheap item to fill the gap that it has left...

I've been enjoying the detective badge. So much fun. That and codebreaker have been the ones that have interested me the most and taught me a huge amount, I think. Maybe I should add palaeontology to that list too. It really does open your eyes to new interests, being a Rebel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fossil preparation

Final craft 1 project