Reading

I joined in with The Rebel Readers online book discussion for the first time today and had a great time. I joined the group as soon as I heard about it in the Facebook group and have read all the books but haven't managed to join any of the online meet ups until today. I had a thoroughly lovely time discussing the book and am looking forward to the next one already.



My soap-making kit arrived today so I'm looking forward to having a go at that soon. I'm making good progress with my quilt too and have finished sewing all of the quilt blocks today. I 'm currently trimming them down then need to bind them together to finish the top. After I've quilted it, I'm going to have a go at using a self-binding method and a baby blanket as the backing. Slightly nervous but very excited to see how it turns out...

I've done a fair bit of knitting over the last week and have nearly finished the scarf I started as part of the craft badge. I need to see my friend soon to glaze my pots then they can be fired and that's a badge ticked off!! 

I feel like I'm getting distracted away from the badges I should be concentrating on. BKS ends soon and I wouldn't mind trying to tick off another clause or two before then. I need to finish and upload my poem and have a go at a Pina Colada-inspired ice cream sundae to get as many points as I can before the end of the month. Nothing like being last minute!!

I haven't done a great deal towards Go Wild either. I feel like the weather is making it a bit tricky at the moment as it has largely been fairly rubbish, especially at the weekends which is when I'm most likely to be able to get out and do more adventurous things. 

I need to make myself a checklist of all the research kind of things I need to be doing , then I can try to tick off a few clauses there. A Rebel to-do list! Maybe I need a star chart to inspire me..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fossil preparation

Final craft 1 project

September Part-way Progress