July Bonus Points

 I took my houseplant for a walk last night! Yep, I went to the beach on the north-west coast where some of the filming for Andor was done and took 5 photos of the plant at various filming locations. Also ticked off a few more BKS clauses by making the houseplant a sandcastle, going on a swing and a slide and having a picnic of favourite childhood foods.

In other news, my Advanced Reader badge has started as I have chosen a challenge - to read 75 books from my TBR list. I have a bookcase in the house which is FULL of books that I have bought or borrowed (mostly bought) and not read yet. Some of them I have even bought twice and not read, as I discovered when I did a big book clear-out at Christmas to make space for new purchases. This isn't an ok situation, so I need to make a big dint in this as I know I will continue to buy more. I'm not banning myself from buying more books as I recently bought an e-reader and don't have a huge pile of books on it yet, and I also take part in a lot of online book clubs and buddy reads. Not buying any more books would not allow me to join in with these, so it's not feasible. Also, I like buying books and it's good to support authors. The economy would take a hit if I stopped buying books. It's not good for anyone!!

I've decided to drop calligraphy as one of the crafts for my Craft 1 badge. I've not been doing it properly or regularly enough to have made much improvement. I was also doing a daily gratitude diary and writing titles in calligraphy and I've not kept up with this even a little bit, so have bought a journal with lots of prompts in it which I am going to keep next to the bed. Hopefully this will remind me to fill it in a lot more regularly and I can use that for diarist instead.

I also decided to make a quilt for my friend's baby, so that will become the replacement craft as quilting is one of the ones listed. The baby is due next month so I'll need to get a move on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fossil preparation

Final craft 1 project

September Part-way Progress