July badges

Work has been pretty bonkers recently so haven't done as much badging as I would like to have done. I've only got one week left before a big holiday though, so should get plenty of time to get stuck into a load of badge work whilst I am off.

I'll be finishing my reading badge tomorrow, which marks three months since I discovered rebel badges. I started the reading badge the day I read about it in the book as I had unplanned surgery the day after my first book turned up, so was a bit limited in movement. Reading fit the bill perfectly though.

I'm very slowly working my way through Big Kids Summer. I tried rum and raisin ice cream today. I know it's not a particularly exciting choice but it was the only one the ice cream van had that I had never tried. Really didn't like it!! Won't be having that again. Raisins in ice cream? No. Just no! Determined to try something more pleasant before the end of the month. 

I had to pop into town today so I bought some water fight supplies and ingredients to make s'mores. Planning a nice Friday night next week if the weather holds out. I've also got chalk ready to do some outdoor pictures and need to find a park to play in! And maybe a child to take with me...

I'm going to do the palaeontologist badge as part of Go Wild so have just ordered some Plaster of Paris and dinosaur toys online to make some fossils. My friend's little boy loves dinosaurs so I will donate them to a worthy cause when I'm finished with them. I think I might have a set of dinosaur top trumps cards at work which I will pinch tomorrow and use to classify dinosaurs. I am sure I have dinosaur fabric somewhere as well so will use that in a dinosaur craft if my back will allow me to use the sewing machine for long enough. Not tried it since surgery so will be interesting to see what happens...

I need to do Nature Lover as well. I think I might make Stargazer the third badge as I had planned to do all three of these at some point. I've bought a weather station which I am very glad I didn't set up immediately given the damage the wind has done over the weekend!! That can go out as soon as it calms down a bit. I've planned a couple of days out to nature reserves over the next few weeks and have completed a survey this evening for The Wildlife Trust so I'm making slow progress for that badge. 

Need to make my list of adventurous activities then make sure I do one of them! I can't be all that adventurous at the moment so will have to think very carefully about those. I'd like to do more than one of them so need to plan the summer holidays carefully!

I've been enjoying spending time out in nature as part of the badge, although the weather is making a bit difficult to enjoy it as much as I'd like to at the moment. Come on England! It's July!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fossil preparation

Final craft 1 project

September Part-way Progress