Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Revamped sewing basket



Hi guys,
Hope you're staying dry in this crazy weather! The only time it seems to stay dry is when I'm on playground duty!

Bit of a random post today. A while ago, I was out shopping with my mum and she wanted to get a new sewing basket because hers was falling apart. I was a bit gutted by this news as she has had the sewing basket since before I was born. So when she said I could have it, I couldn't wait to have a go at giving it a new lease of life.

So I took all the old plastic bits off and my lovely hubbie spray painted the wooden frame silver for me. Then we used some ribbon left over from our wedding decorations to re weave it. I used some of the Happy Days adhesive fabric paper to back the wooden board on the inside of the lid and re-lined it with a fat quarter bundle from one of the docrafts ranges. Et voila. 
I have to be honest and say that lovely hubbie did help a lot!



Whaddya think?
Happy crafting everyone







15 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

This is so beautiful, well done you!

scrappysharon said...

How beautiful....well done you what a fab difference, right bang up to date....just popped over from DC Blog hop. Have a good weekend. Sharon

crafty-stamper said...

OMG that looks absolutely brilliant you both did a great job bet you Mum wants it back now lol
carol x

Trace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trace said...

Lovely idea with the ribbon on this basket :D
http://croftcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/creative-friday-link-party-2.html

Alizabethy said...

Wow - what a transformation!

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful basket...pretty colours...Joolsx

Cheryl Turtlemoon said...

Wow! You both did really well! I had one of these when I was little. I've no idea where it us, as seeing your pictures reminded me of it! Such lovely memories! Here via the docrafts blog hop.

Dips said...

Love, love, love it! What a lovely project, well done you and your very crafty hubby!

sparklingblackrose said...

I love it, so wonderful to see such a great example of upcycling! Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Angela said...

Wow, it looks amazing and what a really good idea using the ribbon x

sandy's crafty bits said...

oh my word ali how super ... just love that little sewing basket and I am sure your Mum loves it too ... what lot of hard work but it certainly paid off ... well done ... just hopping over from do-crafts ... hope you have a good week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

alifrew said...

Thanks everyone. My poor mum did want it back when we had finished with it, but she had already bought a new one so it remains with us for now! X

Dannii said...

WOW, so creative!
It looks amazing.
Such a fab job. x

Michelle said...

wow this is fabulous I love it xx