Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Sunday, 12 January 2014

Challenge

Myself and a fellow do crafter are both huge fans of an American crafter, known as star of May on YouTube. We love to watch her videos and find ourselves desperately in need of any product she enjoys using.
We set ourselves a challenge of using some of her cards as inspiration for our own and this is my take on one of hers


I'm not entirely sure which card it was, will have to update that later. I'm quite pleased with them, but I prefer the more feminine ones. I couldn't find anything to embellish the top left corner of the more masculine ones and I don't feel buttons have quite done it. Will have to rethink.

Happy crafting

17 comments:

annesyme said...

Fabulous selection of cards!
Anne x

Kathleen said...

Great selection of cards ali.

Hereis the link to Kristina's original youtube video with the inspiration card

Will upload my versions asap! I cheated a bit and made 4 each of 2 designs!

Kathleen Mc x

Cheryl Turtlemoon said...

These are lovely! Nice and cheerful!

applejack cards by sue said...

Such a pretty selection of cards, I'm off to check out the youtube video.

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow five super cards ali ... love the design ... will have to have a lookie at the videos ... my favourite one is the first one but they are all great ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Elizabeth S said...

Gorgeous selection of cards. Just hopping by. Lizzie xx

ALI said...

Really lovely, will take a look at her.

scrappysharon said...

What a lovely selection of cards. Just hopped over from DC. Hope you had a fab day out. Sharon x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

What a lovely set...Just hopping by ...Joolsx

Vic said...

cute little atc's... :) (just hopping over from DC ) Vic x

crafty-stamper said...

great selection of cards love the first three and just checked out the video
Carol x

Izzwizz said...

Fab selection of cards, love the bunting. Maddy x

Alizabethy said...

Like the colour schemes you have used!

Dips said...

Great selection of cards, Ali, super when you've found some inspiration to get your mojo going.

Michelle said...

wow lovely cards, I also watch star of may on youtube she is very good xx

MissyG said...

Love little banners and these show them off beautifully - lovely selection of cards
Linda x

Nikki said...

Great cards. I'm on the hop from DC x