Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Saturday, 4 May 2013

Owls

Happy bank holiday weekend everyone.

I've been out in the garden all day potting on some of the veg seeds I started a few weeks ago and filling one of the raised beds in an effort to get my hubby to get a move on making the other two!!

Just one card this week. I have a thing for owls at the moment and have been searching for a branch type die to make some cards with some stickers I got from accessorise ages ago. Found a tim holtz one so thought I'd give it a try. I just keep looking at them as I'm not sure what I think overall. It's not a branch die and I'm not sure if it looks enough like a branch to work properly. I had some sentiments from the tulip range which I added, with 2 lines scored round the edge and gold glamour dust in between. Whaddya think? Xx



12 comments:

Fiona Keel said...

hi Ali, the die-cut flourish works really well as a branch, cute owls, lovely card! hope hubby builds your new raised beds, they make gardening manageable, enjoy your bank holiday weekend, fi x

crafty-stamper said...

cute card and love the owlcarol x

sue said...

very pretty card,love the little owl's. sue xx

Izzwizz said...

It looks like a branch to me Ali, well done for thinking outside the box. Love the little owls. Hope you are having a good bank holiday weekend! Maddy x

MissyG said...

pretty card - the flourish works great as a branch
Linda x

Dips said...

Inspired use of a flourish as a branch, I think it is perfect, clever you! Love your pretty card.

craftyeyes said...

fab card x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Cute card...sweet little owls...Julieannex

Jewelsmae said...

Sweet little owls, the "branch" looks good

ALI said...

Great card, love the flourish as a branch.

Lorna said...

Gorgeous card, love the design and the little owls

Hope your enjoying the bank holiday weekend

Lorna xx

Trace said...

This is a sweet card, I like owls too :D Hope you are enjoying the Bank Hol