Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Saturday, 11 May 2013

A new kind of crafting

Something totally different for me today. I've been wanting to learn how to knit and crochet for a while now and a friend told me she'd booked onto a knitting course at a local shop. I signed up as well and learned how to cast on, knit, purl and cast off today. Can't tell you how proud I am!!!
One of the girls also learning to knit mentioned that she was running a crochet course in a few weeks so as soon as we'd finished, I signed up for that one too. Then went shopping for wool and needles. Hopefully you'll see some more knitting posts from me in the future!!
Hope everyone's having a nice weekend and getting in lots of crafting xx

16 comments:

Jewelsmae said...

Well done, they are great skills to have

sue said...

good luck in learning new skills. sue xx

Fiona Keel said...

congrats Ali on achieving a new skill and several new stitches in just one day, and to have the crochet course to look forward to sounds fun, think you will be buying lots of wool in the very near future, really looking forward to see what you create, happy knitting and crocheting, Fi xx

Linda said...

Well done, I learn't when I was about 6, then learnt to crochet when I was 12, still at it aged 63!!

annesyme said...

Good for you Ali! are you learning to knit and crochet to add to your cards or to make stuff to wear? I bought crochet hooks the other day and I haven't a clue what to do with them lol!!
Anne x

Izzwizz said...

Congratulations and well done on learning a new skill!! Looks like you'll be taking the master class if you managed that with only one lesson. Have a great weekend, maddy x

sandy's crafty bits said...

amazing ... um ... wonder what it is going to be ... hope you enjoy your lessons ... have never managed to crochet yet but well done you ... just hopping about ... hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Fantastic! Always good to learn a new craft-knitting is impossible for me-I have tried about four times so I have lots of respect for your mastering of it! :-) Have a lovely weekend, happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Dips said...

Oh, you clever thing! I wish I could do fabric crafting such as knitting, sewing and crochet. Looking forward to seeing you creations in the coming weeks. Hope you're having a great weekend.

craftyeyes said...

welldone on your new craftx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Well done leaning to knit...Joolsx

alifrew said...

I've started knitting a long blue bit of wool! No idea what it will turn into, probably nothing if I'm honest!! Am hoping to move onto blankets, hats etc in time. Crochet course teaches flowers on the first day and granny squares for blankets on the 2nd so am looking forward to that. Thanks for your lovely comments xx

ALI said...

Well done, on learning your new skills

ALI said...

Well done, on learning your new skills

Sarah G said...

Just hopping by
Congratulations on learning a new skill
hoppity x

rosie said...

fab x well done you.