Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Saturday, 20 April 2013

Thank you cards

What a gorgeous day!! The sun is shining, my veg seeds are sprouting and there are 5 very happy chickens racing round the garden! Hopefully going to see the titanic exhibition today, so looking forward to that.

I've been trying to refill my card drawer at the moment as its a bit empty. I gave my sister a huge box of cards for Christmas and pretty much emptied my supply and am slowly trying to rebuild it. I always like to have a few thank you cards so have made a variety based on the following design.

Its a 4" square card made from white textured card stock with paper I got free with a magazine years ago. I'm trying to make use of all the freebies I buy e magazines for then never seem to use! The stamp is one of the papermania typography stamps which I think also came with a diie cutter to cut the words out but I have a feeling I couldn't get it to work so just hand cut them. I then stuck it onto orange card and cut round the outside. I punched a star and put that on a foam pad in the middle of the o stuck a little flower in the corner using a brad. The corners are rounded with the WRMK corner chomper.

Hope everyone has a lovely crafty or gardeningy day xx



15 comments:

ALI said...

Lovely colourful card for a lovely sunny day!

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super card ... I like to have a waiting box as I am always having people visit who say "have you got a card for !!" ... lol ... yes I have been using up my freebies lately too ... just hopping about ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Julie said...

Great card.

Dips said...

How pretty, love the fresh colours. Just hopping by, hope you’re having a great weekend!

Jewelsmae said...

Great colourful card, has a retro feel to it. Been gardening today in the sunshine too.

crafty-stamper said...

great card and use of freebie papers
carol x

craftyeyes said...

fab card x

Trace said...

Great card

Alizabethy said...

what a great idea for a card!

sparklingblackrose said...

Fabulous, so cheery! Elaine-xxx-

Sarah G said...

Just hopping by from docrafts.
Nice card and love the bright colours used
hoppity x

Izzwizz said...

Fab card, we've had a lovely day here too and Tom picked up 10 new hens on Friday!! Love keeping chickens :-)) maddy x

alifrew said...

OOh, Maddy, 10 new hens!! I am soooo jealous! What kinds do you have? xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Fabulous card...love the colours..Julieannex

ChrisAndCat said...

Fab card, I like the happy colours. I have this paper pad too and love it.