Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Monday, 22 April 2013

My challenge!

If I'm honest, I don't really know enough about blogging yet to host a challenge but I have set myself a personal challenge. I was looking for something in my newly tidied craft room yesterday (I can never find things after I've tidied up!) and discovered a pile of stamps that for one reason or another, haven't been put onto laminated sheets along with all my others. Now a large number of these haven't even been opened. I have to be honest, I'm quite ashamed of myself!

So I have set myself a personal challenge - I am NOT allowed to put them back into the drawer until they have been used, either to make a card, scrapbook page or something else. It's been a day and I'm already niggled that my beautifully tidy craft room has stuff out that can't be put away so if I stick to my guns, I might just manage this!!

Coincidentally, an old thread has been revived on docrafts today. At the beginning of the year someone posted a thread setting themselves the challenge of using up all that old craft stash that lots of have lying around. I signed up, yeah, I'll do this!! Needless to say, I haven't done this at all, I have just shopped in a ridiculous manner and added to the huge amount of stuff I already have (and clearly don't use!). Since setting myself this challenge, I have now added to it and am vowing that each of my cards using a previously unused stamp must also include some piece of stash that's been sitting around for ages!

I'm hoping that by posting this message on here, I will have to stick to it!! Feel free to have a go if I'm not!!!
Happy crafting everyone xx

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Well......how's this going?? You keeping it up???

Kathleen Mc xx

alifrew said...

So far............ no!! But I'm off work for the summer so I will have a go at reviving it. Craft room is a tip again, but the loft hatch is in the room and we've just bought a new hatch and ladders so everything is going to get disgustingly messed up when we fit that. Might as well just make cards and let the room get messy, then sort it after the loft hatch goes in, right? Hope all's going well with the move x