Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Friday, 25 May 2012

Cute little box type thing

I've been rubbish again!! How long since I've uploaded? I've been so busy at work with SATs and everything! Even this upload is something I made months ago and forgot to upload at the time!
Every so often I like to mkae little presents for my class. They are only 6, so I think it's important to teach them as much as I can about things that go on in the world as well as all the other stuff we have to do. So I made them all a little gift box on Valentine's Day and left a message from Cupid on the board for them!!


First I cut the shape from my scrap paper, I think it was 6" by 3". Then you score each half into a triangle.


Fold both sides over to form the triangle shape. Punch a hole into both sides.


I stamped the children's initials onto a piece of card and stuck it on to the front then threaded ribbon through the holes to fasten it.


Tie the ribbon at the top to keep the contents inside


Et voila!!!


I put hearts confetti, a pack of love hearts and a jelly bean heart shape in the middle.


The chilren seemed pretty happy, so I guess it worked.
Happy crafting everyone, hope you're enjoying the lovely weather xx

24 comments:

MissyG said...

Lovely idea - I'm sure the children loved them
Linda

Caz said...

Fabulous idea no wonder the children loved it. My son took his sat's the week before last so I know how hard you work. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Caroline xxx

sue said...

great idea,i bet the kids loved them sue xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little "box type thing " lol ... very clever ... well done ... thank you for taking part in my blog hop on the do-craft forum ... happy crafting and love sandy x x

crafty-stamper said...

love these I made 100 of these for wedding favours -love the paper too
carol x

scrappysharon said...

Arahhhh how lovely for the children...xxx

stacky said...

What a great idea and such a lovely thing to do for the children x

Lorna's crafty creations said...

Awww how sweet, such a lovely idea

have a great weekend
hugs Lorna xx

Wendy L said...

Looks good to me and I,m sure they will all love them. xxx

applejack cards by sue said...

Such a lovely idea, they turned out really cute.

Trace said...

That is lovely, great ideas for a small gift too

rosie said...

great idea x

Dawn said...

What a pretty box and a lovely idea. x

annesyme said...

Lovely wee box bet the little ones loved getting them as gifts.
Anne x

Maureen said...

These are brilliant, I bet the kids loved them, well done.
Maureen........x

Lors said...

How fab are these, especially filled with the sweets..happy blogging....Lorsx

craftyeyes said...

fab idea sure the children loved them x

sparklingblackrose said...

Wow clever idea :-) Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Heike said...

A great wee gift box for some treats or smaller presents.

Heike xx

justforyoupapercrafts said...

That is such a fabulous idea and so versatile x
Sacha xx

Teresa Kline said...

so cute, such a great idea....hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Lors said...

Just popped by to say hello...Lorsx

Celebrity corporat said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Celebrity corporate club

maggie said...

fab idea :)