Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Saturday, 14 April 2012

Age cards

Hiya,
Just a quick one today as have visitors coming soon.
I've made some age cards for children's birthdays this week. I pinched the idea from a recent card making magazine, but for the life of me can't remember which one or where I've put it. Will update if I can locate it.
They had loads of suggestions for using numbers on cards, so I had a set of numbers from Wilkinsons and thought I'd use them up.
It doesn't really look too childlike in the picture but is v bright and colourful. I am toying with the idea of stamping "You are" at the top and "Happy Birthday" or "What a great age to be" at the bottom. Haven't decided yet.Not suer if you can tell, but one of the numbers is larger than the others and popped up on 3D foam pads to make it stand out more than the others. It's not a great pic, I'm rubbish with the camera.

Right, have lovely weekends everyone. I'm off to Febreeze curtains and all sorts of exciting things!!!!! No crafting for me til Monday :-((

21 comments:

Tina said...

I like this idea Ali, something a little different. Tinaxx

sue said...

fab card sue xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww I love this! Happy Leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

ALI said...

Fab card for a child.

craftyeyes said...

fab card great idea x

Dawn said...

brill idea for a card, love it. x

craftynanny said...

Lovely idea! Hope your curtains smell lovely!! ;-) Lea xx

Catherine said...

This is fab, love all the bright colours....

GoonerGirl said...

Great card love how the main number stands proud above the rest. Chris xx

Heike said...

A fab card.
Heike xx

Trace said...

What a neat idea, ive not seen an age card done like this before xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow what a super idea ... love the design ... hope you had a great weekend with your visitors ... happy crafting and love sandy xx ... ps thank you for visiting my blog ... very kind of you xx

Margrit said...

its so bright and colourful - love it

Cards by Alison said...

Such a good idea for an age card very colourful. Alison xxxx

annesyme said...

A lovely bright number card!!
Anne x

Wendy said...

Fab age card, great colours.
Wendy xx

Smith Alex said...

Great hat! Love the matching card. Awesome.

wedding cards

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya, I love this. A really sweet brightly coloured card.

stacky said...

your card is brilliant what a fab idea I love it x

carrie-lee said...

a fab card xxx

donemark crafts said...

What a great card love the idea.Kaz.xx