Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Sunday, 28 August 2011

Christening gifts

Hi guys,
Not been uploading on here for a while as I've been off work for the summer and working on the house has taken priority. However, my friend's daughter was christened today and I was Godmother, so made some little bits for her. As the christening has taken place, I can upload the pics!!


I printed out a combination of two poems I found on the internet and put them on the candle, then tied some ribbon round it. I put it on a glass holder decorated with purple gems then sat it on some purple tissue wrapping type stuff and tied it in cellophane and added some more ribbon. Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of it after wrapping!

I made a bookatrix card to give to her, it's pretty much the first one I've done really. I played around with them before but actually focussed on this one!!


I don't know why it's adding the photo in portrait when it was taken in landscape and I've no idea how to turn it round, so if anyone can help, all advice most welcome xx

9 comments:

Alex said...

These are lovely, love the shade of purples you used :). If you are looking for that stamp still, the lady did mention that it was a digi stamp if that is any help :). Thank you for the lovely comment.
Alex x

craftybirdlisa said...

Wow, what a stunning candle. x

CraftyLoops said...

Woow, how beautiful. Lee x

Kelly said...

Beautiful x

sparklingblackrose said...

These are gorgeous :-) Late leapblogging-hope you have a good bank holiday! Elaine-xxx-

alifrew said...

Thanks guys. Have a few friends having their babies christened in the next few months so feel a few more of these coming on! Hope you've all had a good bank holiday x

lizzies said...

Beautiful candle, I must have a go one day at doing one of these.

Lizzie

Kathleen said...

beautiful candle and card to match.
kathleen mc x

Chelle said...

Beautiful x