Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Saturday, 11 June 2011

New house

FINALLY got the keys for our new house on Wed, so not a lot of crafting going on, but a lot of creative thinking!! It's a total dump!!

This will be my lounge, but currently is set up as a kitchen

This will be my kitchen but currently looks like something off the set of Oliver!!!!


I have a lovely but badly decorated hallway, so had great fun pulling the wooden panels off the walls
to reveal ....................................................

this gorgeous wallpaper. We're trying to remove it v carefully so when I make the scrapbook of "Changes to our house", I can use it as backing paper!!


We have a beautiful stained glass window in the hallway too. Slightly ruined by the mank that surrounds it, but it'll be pretty again one day soon!!!


This is the tiny bedroom upstairs. Not likely to be a bedroom, but should be about the right size for the computer


This is currently in the corner of the master bedroom. Not for long methinks!!


And this is going to be my craft room. How much stash do you think I'll be able to get into that cupboard?

Don't think I'll be doing much craftying over the next few motnhs as I'll be run off my feet trying to get this place sorted, but there'll be lots of updates on here and I will still squeeze some crafty time in.
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend xx

12 comments:

Heather said...

wow, Ali, you've a mammoth task there but it will be fab once you've done all the work. Good luck xx

Alizabethy said...

Gosh - you have got your work cut out, can't see much time for crafting for a while!

SandraCraftyCardz said...

Your house looks like ours when we first got it!!! Will be worth it in the end!! Am looking forward to seeing that stain glass window after decoration!! Will be beautiful with the sun coming through it!!

Debs said...

Wow, a lot of hard work needed methinks but I'm sure it will be worth all the effort. Look forward to seeing more work in progress pics. Debs xx

Nicki said...

I'm so jealous, my dream is to have my own dump to do up! What you have to work on looks really nice, I'm sure it will look amazing when it's all done x

Wendy said...

Hope you will be happy in your new home,we had lots to do when we moved in,but you get there in the end.
Wendy x

Karen said...

What a lot of hard work. Looking forward to seeing update and good luck in your new home. xx

Flowergirl said...

Sounds like you're going to be busy! Just keep telling yourself it will be worth it in the end!
Wendy x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow how lovely to have got the keys ... hope you will be very happy in your new home ... love sandy xx

GoonerGirl said...

Ohh that is a lot of work for you, Can`t wait to see it fnished.. Chris xx

alifrew said...

Ladies, I'm absolutely wrecked!!! I've done nothing but strip wallpaper and move boxes!! The house looks worse now than when we started, but will try to upload some progress pics tomorrow before we disconnect the computer. Final day in rented house is Sat, so all will be removed by Sun!!!!

Yvonne said...

Wow - what a project! I sympathise as my daughter has just had an extension done and we had rain in the lounge over several days during the winter with the ceiling being held up with huge jacks. lol

Thanks for following my blog and I shall enjoy seeing your house transforming too! Good luck!
Yvonne