Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Sunday, 15 May 2011

Hobbycraft

Hubby doesn't know yet but am planning a sneaky visit to Hobbycraft this afternoon!! I have 3 nephews with birthdays in July, August and September, and the retail park that houses Hobbycraft also houses Toys R Us. I've managed to persuade him that we need to get the boys presents before we move as we won't have time, what with rebuilding the house!!! Will upload pics of my purchases later - as let#'s face it, there will be some!!

Have discovered paper piecing recently, and am absolutely loving it. Usually the first thing I do is take a card blank and cover it with patterened paper, so using it white has been a bit of a new thing for me. However, overall I like the effect. Now need to get some more character type stamps that will fit in with paper piecing, as despite having millions of stamps, not many of them would work.


The bird and sentiment stamp are free pink petticoat stamps given away fairly recently with a magazine, quite possibly Simply Cards and Papercraft, but I couldn't swear to it. The paper used for the bird and the balloon is from the Funky Vintage paper pack (I love this paper!!). The balloons stamps are from a papermania birthday set and I used nesties for the sentiment. I added a little silver gem to the centre of one of the flowers on the bird and cut the wing out of red card. The hearts on the sentiment are coloured with a Sakura gelly roll.

Hope you all manage a lovely crafty day, and if not crafty, then at least lovely xx

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Love this card - the little bird is so cute.
Have a great afternoon's shopping!
xx