Welcome

I've finally got round to creating a blog!! It's only taken me forever!! You'll have to bear with me as it will take me a while to figure out how to do everything!!







Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Hard day in the classroom!!

Wowsers it's been a tough day at work today. SATs for my little 6 yr olds next wek so we've been doing some writing practice today to get them into the right frrame of mind. I'm exhausted now!! And have a huge amount of marking to do. But hey ho!!

Got a picture of a project I tried a while ago, but I was never really sure enough of them to make another. Remember those dolls you used to be able to get that children could practise buttons, poppers, zips etc? I wanted one for my nephews a while ago and couldn't find one anywhere. And so Scruffy Bob was born. I am not a seamstress by any stretch of the most amazing of imaginations, and slaved over this for many hours. It has a range of fastenings, with the dungarees being fastened with a lace at the back. I'm not a parent so don't know how useful this kind of doll would be for a child. Any ideas anyone?  Hope everyone's had a good day x

5 comments:

Fiona Keel said...

well done, scruffy Bob is brilliant! my 2 had those dolls from early learning, maybe they are less popular now as childrens shoes are often velcro not laces. Fiona K from DC x

alifrew said...

I tried early learning when I was looking for one and all they had was a book! Wasn't quite what I had in mind x

Teresa said...

Fab blog I just became a follower, you've made a good start here, love the background too.
Have fun blogging.
Teresa xx

alifrew said...

Thanks Teresa. I'm a follower of yours too, your cards are amazing x

Vic said...

Wow!! I am soo impressed with this! clever you!! its great :) x